Learning NVC Mediation
Mediate Your Life with Ike Lasater and John Kinyon. (www.MediateYourLife.com). This website provides information about John and Ike’s international training programs, as well as audio and video recordings and articles about their work.
Ike Lasater (www.wordsthatwork.us). This is Ike’s website and has lots of wonderful resources related to NVC mediation.
See also Ike’s new books:
Words That Work in Business, 2010
What We Say Matters, 2010
Jan Blum (www.empatiaresolutions.com). Jan offers international NVC mediation teleclass practice groups, as well as mediation, training and coaching services. Jan has worked with us for years and we (John and Ike) highly recommend her. Jan’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empathy Now (www.empathynow.ning.com). This website, developed by Newt Bailey, supports people around the world to find each other who want to give and receive NVC empathy and practice NVC skills together.
Booklets by Marshall Rosenberg related to NVC mediation (available at www.cnvc.org and www.nonviolentcommunication.com):
—“We Can Work It Out”
—“Getting Past the Pain Between Us”
The Center for Nonviolent Communication (www.cnvc.org)—the official website for the international Center, now physically located in Albuquerque, NM. This site is a resource for learning about NVC, founder Marshall Rosenberg, the CNVC international organization and network, a list of CNVC certified trainers around the world, NVC global projects, ordering learning materials, and much, much more…
The Bay Area NVC organization (www.baynvc.org)—a Bay Area nonprofit NVC organization that offers NVC training to the public and various programs and projects: year-long training and parenting programs; and diversity, peaceful family peaceful world, and safe communities/restorative justice projects. See also BayNVC's Community Area of their website for further information about additional opportunities for learning NVC and connecting with others in the community.
NVC Academy (www.nvcacademy.com) offers teleclasses and audio and video recordings of CNVC trainers on a wide variety of topics.
Growing Compassion (www.growingcompassion.org) announces teleclasses offered on a wide variety of NVC topics.
PuddleDancer Press (www.nonviolentcommunication.com). This is the website for publisher of many of the books, audios, and videos of NVC and founder Marshall Rosenberg. Look here also for ordering NVC learning materials. Puddledancer is also the primary PR agent for promoting and marketing Marshall Rosenberg and NVC. Check out all the cool information, video clips, quotes, and much more that on their site.
Suggested NVC Self-Learning Resources
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall Rosenberg
- Speak Peace in a World of Conflict by Marshall Rosenberg
- NVC Training Course by Marshall Rosenberg (9 CDs)
- Speaking Peace (2 CDs)
- CDs from an International Intensive Training with Marshall
- The Basics of Nonviolent Communication (2 DVDs)
- Making Life Wonderful (4 DVDs)
Other Suggested Complimentary Bodies of Work
(see also a list of books recommended by Marshall Rosenberg on www.cnvc.org)
- Carl Rogers — books: On Becoming a Person (1961), A Way of Being (1980)
- Eckhart Tolle — books, CDs, DVDs: (www.eckharttolle.com ; also see www.oprah.com)
- Byron Katie — books: Loving What Is, A Thousand Names for Joy (www.thework.com)
- David Whyte — books, CDs: (www.davidwhyte.com)
- Ken Wilber — I recommend starting with the book, A Theory of Everything
- Duane Elgin — Awakening Earth: Exploring the Evolution of Human Culture and Consciousness