Intermediate 12-Week Course
Empathic Conversation Maps to Restore Connection and Create New Possibilities
Learn conflict to connection conversation maps (inner and outer) that build resilience with adversity, strengthen relationship and collaboration, open new creative possibilities.
NEXT 12-WEEK LIVE COURSE: November 2, 2021 - January 18, 2022, Tuesdays 11am-12:30pm Pacific (California) Time
Registration is at the bottom of this page, and is based in a giving model
This intermediate course is for people who have had live training experience with Nonviolent Communication (NVC) or some form of OFNR-based empathic communication, and that you've been actively practicing for 6 months or more.
Group size for the intermediate courses is 15-20 participants or less so that there is more individual attention, support, and coaching from John as well as interaction with fellow participants. Don't wait if you want to secure a spot.
Level 2 Courses Give You The Ability To:
- Recover more quickly in the moment of a difficult interaction and remain more centered
- Deepen presence and connection in conversations and relationships
- Use language more skillfully in your interactions with people
- Cope better with stress, overwhelm, and inner conflict about the past and future
- Transform anger and frustration into empathic understanding for self and other
- Feel more confidence and skill having difficult conversations
- Bring your listening and empathy skills to a new level
- Express yourself more authentically and courageously, and with compassion
- Heal emotional hurt and pain between you and others, and experience reconciliation and forgiveness
- Develop empathic community of support and learning at this higher level
- Work together better to discover creative ideas and solutions
12-Week Course. The 12-week course provides the complete Intermediate level content of the conversation maps for navigating situations of disconnection or conflict (inner and outer), tapping into the positive and transformative Power of Conflict. This level of training builds on the foundation of integrating consciousness and language, deepening and strengthening the ability to maintain and return to presence and compassionate, creative action in relation to challenging situations.
Intermediate course includes: Weekly 1.5-hour live group sessions with John and a small group on the Zoom video platform, ongoing self-practice and practice with people in the program, and access to written, audio, and video learning materials and resources, including books, handouts, and recordings of the live sessions.
Foundation Conversation Maps:
- Self-Connection Practice, an OFNR mindfulness practice and coping with challenge moments
- Intensity Practice, for practicing to respond with self-connection and compassion in intensity of difficulty and challenge
- Elements of Empathy, for speaking and listening in empathic conversation
- Need Behind the No, for responding empathically and compassionately when hearing a "no" from someone or when you are wanting to say "no"
What are Conversation Maps?
The intermediate online courses offer foundation and conversation "maps," with the OFNR empathic communication components and skills at the core, for returning to empathic connection, compassion, and new creative possibilities and solutions. The conversation maps help you navigate different territories of disconnection and conflict in your life, inner and outer. Learning and practice happen in the context of building empathic community of connection and support with others in the course and in your life. The skills and structures help you return to empathic connection when you’re triggered into the brain’s Fight-Flight-Freeze stress response system. A core aspect of this level of training is a Triad Model of Conversation & Consciousness that integrates and deepens dual and non-dual awareness practice and relationship with the unconscious (e.g. subconscious and superconscious dimensions of mind, inner parts). The conversation structures come out of the Mediate Your Life body of work and are associated with an empirically-supported model of emotion circuits and networks in the brain developed by affective neuroscience researcher Jaak Panksepp. In conjunction with the emotion networks there are differentiating patterns of thinking and evaluating related to each conversation type. Also integrated with this approach is Richard Schwartz's Internal Family Systems (IFS) work.
6 Conflict to Connection Conversation Maps:
- Preparing to Respond with Compassion, to prepare yourself to respond with empathy and compassion toward someone when you are feeling anger or frustration and having negative judgments about them. [Enemy Image Process map]
- Recovering with Resilience, to recover and strengthen your resilience and debrief with empathy and compassion after you did something you fear will be seen as a "mistake" and you're feeling anxiety or stress about negative judgments towards you from others, loss of connection, or other negative consequences. [Mourn Celebrate Learn map]
- Self-Compassion Conversations, for when you feel anger towards yourself and have thoughts of self-judgment about a past choice, as well as perhaps feelings of fear, shame or guilt, and a disruption to your experience of play and joy. [Chooser-Educator map]
- Self-Direction Conversations, for when you are feeling fear, anxiety, stress about making a decision or moving in a particular direction in the future, and have thoughts of possible negative consequences and perhaps feelings of confusion, stuckness, indecision, depressed, and disruption to your experience of discovery and enthusiasm. [Internal Mediation map]
- Difficult Conversations with Others, for talking to someone when you are feeling trepidation or fear because there is disagreement around beliefs, lack of acceptance, and perhaps reactions of anger. [3Chairs Process for Difficult Conversations]
- Three Types of Agreements: main, supporting, and restoring
- Reconciliation, Healing & Forgiveness Conversations, for talking to someone when there are feelings of emotional hurt and pain in you and/or another person, and perhaps judgments of blame and feelings of anger. [Healing & Reconciliation map]
DETAILS FOR THE LIVE COURSES
Details for the 12-Week Course
The 12-Week Course gives you the complete Intermediate Training content of foundation and conversation maps for inner and outer conflicts and challenges.
Format: 12 consecutive Tuesdays
Begins: Tuesday November 2, 2021
Ends: Tuesday January 18, 2022
Weekly Live Group Session Duration: 90 minutes
Group size: 20 people or less
Start Time: Pacific Time [California] (convert to my time zone)
To automate monthly installment payments use Intermediate 12-Week Monthly Installment registration box further below.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
The courses are 100% guaranteed
Philosophy of Money
The registration pricing is what I (John) would like to receive to support my sustainability to continue offering this work in the world. However, because I see this work being for the health and wellbeing and greater good of humanity and all people, and because I want to support a monetary system based in giving and receiving, you can choose to give the amount you would like. Thank you for wanting to be part of this work in the world!
Steps for Registering for the 12-Week Live Course
Requested tuition is $500 for the 12-week course. If you wish to give less, consider a sliding scale of $500—$300. I ask that you give as high on the scale as you can to support this work. You can also give outside of the scale if you feel you can't afford giving within the scale.
The more you give the more you will be supporting me to continue offering the work to all who want it, and you will be helping grow this work and the contribution it makes to a better world.
There is a Registration Box below for a one-time amount of $500, and also for a monthly installment plan. Please choose one of those options.
If you would like to give a different amount, email us the amount you would like to give, one-time or monthly, and we'll send you a Discount Coupon Code to use in the Registration Box. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intermediate 12-Week Course
Intermediate 12-Week Course Monthly Payment Plan