Community+ Member Page
Online Weekly Group Forum Events
Across The Aisle: Healing Our Political Divide
Wednesdays 5-6:30pm Pacific Time/8-9:30pm Eastern
Meeting ID: 886 9411 6616
Link to more information, https://johnkinyon.com/conversations-across-the-aisle/
Reconciliation & Healing Conversations
Fridays 1-2:30pm Pacific Time/4-5:30pm Eastern
Meeting ID: 829 4903 3821
Link to more information, https://johnkinyon.com/conversations-reconciliation-and-healing/
Zoom Join by phone numbers:
One tap mobile
+1 (669) 900-6833,,800410197# US (San Jose)
+1 (646) 876-9923,,800410197# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 800 410 197
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aeJ6Xm9LQb
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference
Empathy & Mindfulness in Conversation Online Community
This is an online community platform I (John) created in 2019 for connection, support, sharing, and learning resources related to consciousness-based empathic communication. The platform is hosted on MightNetworks.com. It's free to join. For more info and to join, click HERE.
Free Access to Monthly Webinars With John
As a Community+ member you get free access to these monthly webinars (normally by donation).
Meeting ID: 879 3744 3900
Handouts and Materials
Books By John (digital format)
- Choosing Peace book, by Ike Lasater and John Kinyon, [click on LINK to access PDF]
- Mindfulness in Conversation digital workbook, by John Kinyon [click on LINK to access digital version]
- From Conflict to Connection book, by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater [click on LINK to access PDF]
- When Your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams book, by Ike Lasater and John Kinyon [click on LINK to access PDF]
- MEDIATE YOUR LIFE TRAINING MANUAL. 5th edition by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater [Digital version. Click HERE to open]
For more information about the books and ordering physical copies, click HERE.
Foundations of Empathy & Mindfulness in Conversation Self-Guided Course
Communication, Consciousness, and Social Action
"Being fully present to fear, to gratitude, to all that is — this is the practice of mutual belonging. As living members of the living body of Earth, we are grounded in that kind of belonging. We will find more ways to remember, celebrate, and affirm this deep knowing: we belong to each other, we belong to Earth. Even when faced with cataclysmic changes, nothing can ever separate us from her. We are already home.
Our belonging is rooted in the living body of Earth, woven of the flows of time and relationship that form our bodies, our communities, our climate. When we turn and open our heart-mind to Earth, she is always there. This is the great reciprocity at the heart of the universe. My gratitude to all. May we experience 'sheer abundance of being,' as Rilke says, and know that we truly belong here."
- Joanna Macy, from her book, A Wild Love for the World. www.joannamacy.net
Resources Related to Mindfulness, Consciousness, and Nonduality [click on links]
- Sam Harris' Waking Up Course meditation app
- Diana Winston - mindfulness teacher, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, spectrum of awareness practices
- Loch Kelly - mindfulness and nondual awareness teacher
- Henry Shukman - Zen mindfulness, Koan practices
- The Headless Way - a unique, Western-based way of accessing and practicing nondual awareness, originated by Douglas Harding, who wrote the book On Having No Head. In this tradition I recommend Richard Lang.
- David Whyte - poet, author, speaker, the conversational nature of reality, poetry and organizations
- Francis Weller - soul and grief work, community building
- Tim Freke - philosophy of "unividualism," emergent/evolutionary spirituality, integrates dual and nondual mindfulness, and science and spirituality. I recommend joining Tim's International Community of Unividuals (ICU).
- Rupert Spira - nonduality spiritual teacher
Additional Resources Related to Compassion & Trauma Work
- Sarah Peyton, book, Your Resonant Self. NVC, trauma, and interpersonal neurobiology, neuroscience. See Sarah’s website for guided meditations and to receive other learning resources
- Kristin Neff, Ph.D., Mindful Self-Compassion program. Book: Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself
- Richard Schwartz and Internal Family Systems (IFS), book, Greater Than the Sum of Our Parts, and a great audio with this title from Sounds True
- Gabor Mate - trauma and addiction, The Wisdom of Trauma docu-film
- Stephen Porges - trauma, Polyvagal Theory
- Thomas Huebl - trauma work, collective trauma
- Dan Siegal, interpersonal neurobiology, neuroscience, trauma, consciousness
- Peter Levine, pioneer in the trauma field. Developed body of work called Somatic Experiencing
- Johann Hari - addiction, trauma, society
Resources Related to Social Action [click on links]
- Conversation between Joanna Macy and Michael Dowd – To Collapse Well (Feb 2021)
- Tackling the Root of the Problem — Extinction Rebellion (Sept 2020)
- Advice to Young People as They Face Annihilation, Roger Hallam of Extinction Rebellion (June 2021)
- Third Harmony: Nonviolence and the New Story of Human Nature, book by Michael Nagler, www.mettacenter.org
- The Culture War & Our Polarized Predicament, essay by Julian Walker (of the Conspirituality Podcast)
- The Peace Alliance. Peacebuilding through legislative policy advocacy, personal and public peace education, and collaboration with citizens and other organizations
- Margaret Wheatley, Warriors for the Human Spirit. Listen to Interview of Margaret on Terry Patten podcast [link]
- The Consilience Project, Daniel Schmachtenberger. See YouTube videos with Daniel.
- NVC and Social Change, The Fearless Heart, Miki Kashtan. Convergent Facilitation.
- NVC and social justice, equity, diversity. Roxy Manning.
- NVC and trauma work. Sarah Peyton