Conflict Coaching and Mediation 6 or 12-month Online Program - Level 3 (Advanced)
Next program starts: TBA soon
Helping people respond to conflicts and challenges within themselves and with others.
This program will cover Conflict Coaching and Mediation using OFNR mindfulness components and skills and the maps of Mediate Your Life training developed by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater
The Level Three advanced program is for people who have done my Level 2 training and been actively practicing for at least two years OR who have attended live trainings and have been actively practicing Nonviolent Communication (NVC) for at least two years. It is for people who want to offer conflict coaching and/or mediate conflict, OR who want advanced level training and practice.
Program size is 15 participants or less so that there is more individual attention, support, and coaching from John as well as interaction with fellow participants. Don't wait if you want to secure a spot.
What is Mediate Your Life Training?
The Mediate Your Life (MYL) training program and body of work was co-created and developed by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater beginning in 2002. In 2008, Ike and John started offering year-long programs first in the U.S. and then internationally in Australia, Asia, and Europe. The MYL work is based in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and integrates a mediation framework, mindfulness, and neuroscience. At the core is a 5-step mediation model and 9 mediation skills. Over the almost two decades of development, John and Ike have created a body of work that includes pre and post mediation processes and a conflict coaching methodology and “maps” for helping people navigate inner and outer conflicts and challenges in their lives. Click on the Mediate Your Life link for more information on this body of work.
You’ll Gain The Ability To Help People
- Understand and start using the OFNR communication components in a way in which there is ease, naturalness, and compassionate presence with themselves and others
- Learn the ability for self-connection in the midst of difficulty, being in empathic conversation, and building empathic community
- Transform anger and judgments of others into empathy and compassion
- Shift from anxiety and stress to calm and centeredness
- Prepare for difficult conversations, and use role play
- Work together with others to find creative and collaborative solutions
- By facilitating (mediating) conversations between people, using 9 mediation skills
- Heal and reconcile when there is emotional hurt and pain
- Resolve inner conflicts about the past or future
- Live happier, healthier, more resilient lives and experience more connection and well being
Format: Weekly on: TBA soon
Begins: Phase I begins: TBA soon. [Phase II begins ]
Ends: Phase I ends . Phase II ends .
Weekly Live Group Session Duration: 2 hours
Start Time: PT [California] (convert to my time zone)
For any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Philosophy of Money
The registration pricing is what I (John) would like to receive to support this work and my sustainability. However, because I see this work being for the greater good of humanity and all people and communities, and because I want to support a monetary system based in giving and contribution to well being, you can email me and request to give a different amount if what I am asking does not work for you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for wanting to be part of this work in the world!
Level 3 Course
This year is the second cohort of the online program. It is a conflict coaching program that includes NVC mediation training. It is a year program structured as two 6-month phases (learning phase and practicum/applied phase). You can do the whole year or just the first 6 month phase. There are weekly 2 hour live group sessions on Zoom video conferencing, written materials, audio/video recordings, handouts, and recordings of the live group sessions. There are daily and weekly practices to do in between the live sessions with yourself and others in the course and in your life.
- Preparing to Respond to a difficult situation (Enemy Image Process/EIP, 3 role-plays)
- Practicing to Respond to a difficult situation (Intensity Exercise, Connection, and Solution Requests)
- Having a Difficult Conversation (Interpersonal Mediation/IPM process, 3Chairs Process, role-playing)
- Debriefing for Resilience (Mourn Celebrate Learn/MCL process)
- Self-Compassion Mediation (Chooser-Educator/C-E process)
- Internal Family Conversations (Internal Mediation/IM process)
- Beyond Forgiveness (Healing & Reconciliation/H&R process) — making amends and healing role play
Facilitating Hearing and Being Heard (Mediation)
- 5-Step Mediation Model and 4-step Healing & Reconciliation (H&R) process
- 9 Mediation Skills (elements of empathy, connection requests, pulling by the ears, emergency empathy, tracking, interrupting, self-empathy, self-expression, solution requests, and agreements)
- Pre-mediation session(s)
- Post-mediation session(s)
- Mediator self-care
- The coaching relationship — collaborative learning, leading/guiding/directing vs. following, process and content, ethics, empathic community, trauma and addiction
- Conflict coaching phases — Engagement Conversation, coaching agreement, foundation distinctions and skills, learning and applying the maps
- Sharing the foundation distinctions and skills
- OFNR (OFN, then R, for self, then OFNR for other)
- Self-Connection Practice (mindfulness, consciousness)
- Elements of Empathy for speaking and listening in conversation
- Solution requests, hearing and saying "no," Need Behind the No practice
- The business of coaching and mediating (creating a website, marketing, etc.)