Conflict Coaching and Mediation Online Training Program - Level 3 (Advanced)
Helping people respond to conflicts and challenges within themselves and with others.
This program offers online training in Conflict Coaching and Mediation with OFNR-based empathic communication components and skills and the maps of Mediate Your Life training developed by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater
Next 6-12 Month Training Course: TBA in early 2021.
See below for course description and application process. [$1500 early price]
Monthly Mediation/Coaching Practice & Mentoring Group with John
3rd Saturday of the Month, 10-12pm PT. See below for more info and to apply
Prerequisite Experience for Level 3 Training
The Level Three advanced program is for people who have been actively practicing OFNR-based empathic communication for at least 2 years. This could be through doing John's Level 2 training (with continued practice) AND/OR taking other trainings based in Nonviolent Communication/NVC (with continued practice). This Level Three program is for people who want to offer conflict coaching and/or mediate conflict, OR who want advanced level training and practice.
Program size is 15 participants or less so that there is more individual attention, support, and coaching from John as well as interaction with fellow participants. Don't wait if you want to secure a spot.
What is Mediate Your Life Training?
The Mediate Your Life (MYL) training program and body of work was co-created and developed by John Kinyon and Ike Lasater beginning in 2002. In 2008, Ike and John started offering year-long programs first in the U.S. and then internationally in Australia, Asia, and Europe. The MYL work is based in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and integrates a mediation framework, mindfulness, and neuroscience. At the core is a 5-step mediation model and 9 mediation skills. Over the almost two decades of development, John and Ike have created a body of work that includes pre and post mediation processes and a conflict coaching methodology and “maps” for helping people navigate inner and outer conflicts and challenges in their lives. Click on the Mediate Your Life link for more information on this body of work.
You’ll Gain The Ability To Help People
- Understand and start using the OFNR communication components in a way in which there is ease, naturalness, and compassionate presence with themselves and others
- Learn the ability for self-connection in the midst of difficulty, being in empathic conversation, and building empathic community
- Transform anger and judgments of others into empathy and compassion
- Shift from anxiety and stress to calm and centeredness
- Prepare for difficult conversations, and use role play
- Work together with others to find creative and collaborative solutions
- By facilitating (mediating) conversations between people, using 9 mediation skills
- Heal and reconcile when there is emotional hurt and pain
- Resolve inner conflicts about the past or future
- Live happier, healthier, more resilient lives and experience more connection and well being
Monthly Mediation/Coaching Practice & Mentoring Group with John
The monthly practice and mentorship group happens on the 3rd Saturday of the month, from 10am-12pm Pacific Time (1-3pm Eastern). The focus is on skill-building practice primarily with mediation but also includes conflict coaching. Each month's theme focuses on one of the 9 mediation skills from the program's training. In the triad mediation role-play practice, you get the opportunity to rotate through the roles of disputant on both sides of a conflict as well as being the mediator. After each practice round there is rich group debriefing, feedback, and collective learning. John demonstrates, offers in-the-moment coaching, and responds to questions. Between the monthly sessions, you will have the opportunity to practice with others in the group and in the larger community of people who have done this training. Requested financial contribution is $45-95/month, and it is your choice what you give.
If you're interested and would like to apply to join the group, click on the application button below to fill out a brief questionnaire. After you fill out the questionnaire, I'll get back to you about joining. If you have questions or want to follow up, you can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6-12 Month Conflict Coaching & Mediation Training Course Details & Application
Format: Weekly on: Thursdays
Begins: Phase I begins: TBA in early 2021.
Weekly Live Group Session Duration: 2 hours
Start Time: PT [California] (convert to my time zone)
*TUTION FOR THE COURSE
Phase 1 (first six months) - $1500 early registration price ($1800 full price)
You can give in monthly installments of $250/300.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Philosophy of Money
The registration pricing is what I (John) would like to receive to support my sustainability to continue offering this work in the world. However, because I see this work being for the greater good of humanity and all people and communities, and because I want to support a monetary system based in the desire to give and contribute, you can email me about giving a different amount. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for wanting to be part of this work in the world!
Application for Admission into the Course
If you are interested in being a participant in the next cohort of the Conflict Coaching & Mediation online training course, click the button below to fill out the Application Form.
After you fill out the form, I will follow up with you. If it seems there is a good fit between your experience and goals and the program, I'll set up a conversation with you to discuss your participation further.
If the start date of the next course has not been set yet, you can save a spot in the course by going through the above steps and get on the wait list. There are only spots for 15 participants, which may fill.
If you have questions or want to follow up, email me at: email@example.com.
This year is the 4th cohort of the online program. It is a conflict coaching program that includes NVC mediation training. It is a year program structured as two 6-month phases (learning phase and practicum/applied phase). You can do the whole year or just the first 6 month phase. There are weekly 2 hour live group sessions on Zoom video conferencing, written materials, audio/video recordings, handouts, and recordings of the live group sessions. There are daily and weekly practices to do in between the live sessions with yourself and others in the course and in your life.
- Preparing to Respond to a difficult situation (Enemy Image Process/EIP, 3 role-plays)
- Practicing to Respond to a difficult situation (Intensity Exercise, Connection, and Solution Requests)
- Having a Difficult Conversation (Interpersonal Mediation/IPM process, 3Chairs Process, role-playing)
- Debriefing for Resilience (Mourn Celebrate Learn/MCL process)
- Self-Compassion Mediation (Chooser-Educator/C-E process)
- Internal Family Conversations (Internal Mediation/IM process)
- Beyond Forgiveness (Healing & Reconciliation/H&R process) — making amends and healing role play
Facilitating Hearing and Being Heard (Mediation)
- 5-Step Mediation Model and 4-step Healing & Reconciliation (H&R) process
- 9 Mediation Skills (elements of empathy, connection requests, pulling by the ears, emergency empathy, tracking, interrupting, self-empathy, self-expression, solution requests, and agreements)
- Pre-mediation session(s)
- Post-mediation session(s)
- Mediator self-care
- The coaching relationship — collaborative learning, leading/guiding/directing vs. following, process and content, ethics, empathic community, trauma and addiction
- Conflict coaching phases — Engagement Conversation, coaching agreement, foundation distinctions and skills, learning and applying the maps
- Sharing the foundation distinctions and skills
- OFNR (OFN, then R, for self, then OFNR for other)
- Self-Connection Practice (mindfulness, consciousness)
- Elements of Empathy for speaking and listening in conversation
- Solution requests, hearing and saying "no," Need Behind the No practice
- The business of coaching and mediating (creating a website, marketing, etc.)